Showing all 3 results
SOMA: A MUSCLE RELAXER
Soma is a drug medication which has a generic name, Carisoprodol. The colour of the drug is white, and its shape is round. The remedy is reliable and potent; that is why a medical prescription is mandatory for its usage.
Such medicine is readily available in pharmaceutical stores. Moreover, the drugs consist of a category of drugs, skeletal muscle relaxants.
Soma medicine is to utilize for the treatment of muscle spasm and body pain to a human.
Let’s understand more about this drug remedy.
Soma: Treatment and Usage
As said above, the medication is consumable for treating muscle spasms and the various types of pain to human.
The agony can be such which may occur due to any injury, or surgery or any severe diseases. Such drug effects in the chemicals of the brain which are not balanced, and it increases the dopamine and norepinephrine levels in the brain by which the unstable muscles become stable.
As a result, it relaxes the muscles and provides calm to it.
- The drug is consumable with or without food depends on how the doctor suggests.
- Also, it would be helpful if you consume such medicine with food in case of nausea.
- The medicine is to take for a short period as agony does not persist for a longer-term.
- Therefore, the duration for the usage of such remedy is generally for 2 to 3 weeks and not more than that until the doctor exceeds it.
- Its regular dosage for an individual is 250mg to 350mg orally by mouth for curing muscle spasms, 2 to 3 times in a day.
- Such a remedy is always to consume during bedtime or before taking sleep.
- Moreover, if somebody consumes it when the person needs to be alert or during work time, then it would not work correctly and also cause some of the opposite effects.
- It is recommendable not to drive any heavy machinery or perform other such activity as such medicine can make you extremely dizzy.
- Also, its usage can be changeable in quantity or dosage by the doctor after looking to the response to treatment.
Soma: Side effects
The side effects or the opposite effects of soma can be moderate to severe or maybe nil also if one is consuming such drug in a limit and as per the prescription’s duration.
Such side effects entirely depend upon the usage of the drug. Some people overdose it while some people abuse it.
In such circumstances, the situation becomes critical for an individual as the misuse and abuse of this remedy can cause severe harmful results.
It can cause respiratory depression, memory loss, or coma for a lifetime. Moreover, it can affect a person physical, mental and emotional well-being.
There are some symptoms, or opposite effects wherein one does not require proper medical treatment and the symptoms can get well with time, care and regular consumption. Some of such symptoms are as follows:
- Body pain
- Dry mouth
- Unable to focus
- Sexual ability changes
- Mental changes
- Shallow breathing
- Blur vision
- Runny nose
Moreover, there can be some other moderate symptoms or effect which can take place during consumption. It is recommendable to consult with a health care professional if in case any of the impacts create difficulty for your health.
However, there are some effects wherein one requires immediate medical treatment as the symptoms are severe and can affect an individual’s health severely. Some of such symptoms are as follows:
- Extreme drowsiness
- Nose bleeding
- Chest pain
- High blood pressure
- Increased sweating
- Fast heartbeat
- Nasal congestion
- Burning feeling in the stomach
- Trouble speaking
- Extreme stress
- Unusual body wounds
- Swelling on mouth
- Unsteady walk
- Loss of appetite
- Pale or blue lips
The above list of severe side effects is incomplete, and there can be other such symptoms also. Always, take medical help when such symptoms arise.